Whether your favorite place is the golf course or the tennis courts, summer is the time to be outdoors and playing. But sometimes those activities we love can also cause us pain. Both tennis and golf, with swinging rackets and clubs, put stress on the elbow. After all, there’s a reason for hearing people complain about Tennis Elbow and Golfer’s Elbow. Both are irritation and inflammation of the tendon, Tennis Elbow is the outer tendon and Golf Elbow is the inner tendon. Ironically, more golfers tend to suffer from Tennis Elbow than Golf Elbow!
Whichever ailment you suffer from, both can cause a lot of pain and keep you away from your favorite game. Here at Foster Chiropractic Sports & Wellness, our goal is to get you back out there on the course or the courts. As one of the few area chiropractors with certification as an Extremity Practitioner, we are especially equipped to help people suffering from either one of these conditions.
If you’re suffering from pain when you grip something, make a fist, or even shake hands with someone, you could have Tennis or Golf Elbow. Here’s what you can expect:
- First, at your appointment with the chiropractor, Dr. Foster, we will examine your arm and make a diagnosis. Tennis and Golf Elbow often have symptoms of inflammation or irritation along with pain.
- Once identified, these injuries can be treated with chiropractic adjustments and therapy.
- You will also be advised to ice the injured area and perform exercises and stretches to build strength.
- In addition to chiropractic adjustments, massage and acupuncture therapies are often successful ways of treating Tennis and Golf Elbow.
- Finally, we recommend you take lessons from a professional to improve the technique of your swing. It’s always important to get to the root cause of the ailment so that you don’t continue doing the thing that caused your pain in the first place. Need us to recommend a professional – just ask!
In addition to our traditional chiropractic services, Foster Chiropractic Sports & Wellness is excited to offer cold laser therapy. We have a variety of ways to help ease your pain and get you back outside, playing your favorite sport. If you’re experiencing pain that is keeping you off your favorite golf course or the courts, give us a call today and set up an appointment.